Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM XOSP (Marshmallow):
XOSP basically which stands for the Xperia Open Source Project was a project originally created by me for the Galaxy S+ (my old device) and the project was created like 2 years ago when that time XOSP wasn’t even existing. It was just S+ Reborn. The main idea was to create a custom minimal Xperia based ROM, by including the essential things which a user would normal use from a ROM. The S+ Reborn became to be a big success because it was eventually ported on different Xperia Phones and some other Samsung devices and from there the XOSP project was founded. From the XOSP Project also the Reborn addons were created featuring with an Aroma Installer. I worked on the project for 2 years by trying always to improve it constantly, eventually for the fact that LP on my Galaxy S+ became to be quite buggy i decided to stop the development and for about half of year the project was left in stanby till i decided to bring it back again on the Zenfone 2 devices. The ROM will now also feature a White Indigo theme for all the ROM (framework, Settings and so on) and of course the newest Xperia Applications ported from the SystemDumps provided by the Sony community. The project started growing again so with the Release 4 the project will be completely refactored to XOSP. The revisions refers like to a sort of Nightly thing i mean the changes included in the ROM are small not as a Release one.
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM XOSP (Marshmallow)
ROM Name: Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM – XOSP
ROM version: 6.3
ROM OS: Marshmallow
OS Version: 6.0.1
ROM Kernel: 3.4
ROM Base: XOSP (Xperia Open Source Project)
ROM Status: Testing
ROM Language: English/Multi Language Supported
ROM Size: 340MB
- 100% Pure Marshmallow-Xperia Experience.
- Based on CM 13.0
- Pre-Rooted ROM
- Ability to hide the Super SU status bar icon
- CM theme engine
- Theme Chooser
- Xperia based Bootanimation
- Stock Kernel
- Removed many unnecessary apps and stuff as well as CM ones
- NavBar dimensions
- Both Rom and kernel compiled with Latest Uber 4.9(for unofficial builds by me)
- Xperia Z5 sounds
- ViPER Audio Engine
- Xperia Z5 Custom Wallpapers
- Status bar Network Traffic indicator
- Snap Camera
- RAM Bar in recents options
- ROM provided with a white Indigo Theme
- Stock Browser is custom themed
- Status bar logo
- HW Keys ON/OFF]Navigation Bar ON/OFF
- SlimSeek Bar
- Long Press back to kill in Development Settings
- Toast Animations
- Xperia Apps, (Xperia Z5 Home, ClockWidget, Walkman, Album, PhotoEditor, Calendar, Xperia Keyboard, Clock App, Sketch, Video, Weather App, Weather Widget, Smart Connect, Audio Recorder
- Same as CM13 Bug – Front Camera FC
To use Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM XOSP (Marshmallow), First download all the files from download link bellow….
- XOSP-6.3-UNOFFICIAL-20160712-ms013g – Download
- XOSP Application Pack – Universal-6.3-11-07-2016.zip – Download
- Go to Open GAAP, Choose ARM ⇒ 6.0 ⇒Stock to nano depending on which you want to use.
Rooting or flashing custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. ( We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices or any damage which is incurred in the process of flashing custom roms or rooting the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process.. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
How to Install
- It’s wise to backup your custom ROM, no matter how confident or experienced you are. So anything happen unpleasant you can retrieve back your old ROM
- If you don’t know how to backup ROM Click Here
- Then Go to phone’s custom recovery mode. Almost Every phone by pressing power button + Volume up/down button + home button all together you can access your phone recovery options. If you don’t know how to go your specific device’s recovery option, just search on google. Here an example: “recovery mode SM-G7102”
- After successfully entering the Custom Recovery Option (CWM/TWRP) first & foremost take a backup up of your current ROM. Select “Backup” 》Select storage 》 backup process may take 5/7 minutes.
- Than Wipe Data》Wipe Cache Partition,Wipe dalvic cache (You shall find it in Advanced option).
After formatting Cache go to Mount and Storage》Format Data, Format System.
- Than come back to main menu of CWM/TWRP whichever Custom recovery you’re using.
- If you are using Phillips Touch 》 just Go to Wipe Data & select install new custom ROM.
- After removing old ROM, rest of the works are just piece of cake. Just install the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM XOSP (Marshmallow) ROM .zip from SDCARD.
- Install GAAP. Then Reboot. First boot may take upto 5-10 min.
- Voila and enjoy the test of Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM XOSP (Marshmallow)
- Galaxy Grand 2 Custom ROM – Note 4 Alpha S6 Revolution
- Samsung Galaxy Grand – 2 Custom ROM – XOP
- Sony Xperia Z5 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
- Samsung Galaxy Grand – 2 Custom ROM (Marshmallow)
- Unofficial Lollipop 5.1.1 Custom ROM Galaxy Grand – 2 (SM-G7102)
- Xposed Installer For Samsung Marshmallow (6.0 ~ 6.1)