How To Root Sony Xperia Z5 – Install Custom Recovery
So, you have a Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone and must be very happy to have a cool phone with a lots of cool feature and a exotic design. The phone is indeed came with a lots of cool feature like Snapdragon 810 processor coupled with 3GB RAM. 32 GB of Storage. Full HD Display, Fingerprint Scanner and more importantly its redesigned camera. It comes with a 23MP with autofocus camera which results a clear and good quality pictures. But if you want to explore more of its system and have a better UI you have to root your device first. So, in this article we will show you how to Root Sony Xperia Z5 and Install Custom Recovery.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z5 & Install Custom Recovery
Rooting or flashing custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices or any damage which is incurred in the process of flashing custom ROM’s or rooting the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Download & Requirements
- Z5 AndroPlusKernel Permissive v31.zip – Download
- TWRP recovery.img – Download
- SuperSU.zip – Download
- A Bootloader Unlocked Sony Xperia Z5. (If your Bootloader is not unlocked, Check this post to unlock bootloader.
- Original Sony USB Cable
- A Windows Running Computer
How to Root Sony Xperia Z3 – Install Custom Recovery
- First of all, open your phone dialer and dial *#*#7378423#*#*. Tap Service info>Configuration and Check rooting Status. If your Rooting status says Bootloader Unlocked yes, then follow the process. If it says no, then unlock your bootloader first. Check this post to unlock bootloader.
- Now go to your phone’s Setting>About Phone and Find Build Number. Tap on the Builder number fopr 7 times to activate Developer Mode.
- Go to Setting>Developer Mode. Turn On Developer Mode. Find OEM Unlock and USB Debugging and Tick (√) on both of them. Now go to Setting>Security and Turn on Unknown Source.
- Connect Your phone into Computer with USB Cable.
- Now, Download Z5 AndroPlusKernel Permissive v31.zip from the download link given above. Extract the zip file. You’ll find a boot.img file. Move the file into ADB folder. (If you dont have a ADB folder, download ADB FILES from here. Select SDK Platform-Tools for Windows. Extract the Platform Tools, Rename the extracted folder to ADB.)
- Download TWRP recovery.img and move the file into ADB Folder too.
- Now on the ADB Folder, press and hold SHIFT and Right Click on the mouse. You’ll see Open command window here. Click on it. Command window will appear.
- In the Command window, type adb devices and hit enter. You’ll find your device connected here.
- Now, type adb reboot bootloader and hit enter. Your device now will reboot now and a blue light will ting up on your phone.
- Now type fastboot devices, hit enter. Then Type fastboot flash boot boot.img and hit enter. This will flash your boot.img.
- Now type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and hit enter. This will install twrp recovery in your phone.
- Your job is almost done. Now type fastboot reboot and hit enter. Now you’ll see your phone will reboot automatically. The white Logo Screen Sony will appear. Keep pressing the Volume Down button when the Logo Screen Appears. Pressing volume down button will take your phone to TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Voila, Your Phone is now successfully rooted and installation of custom recovery is successful.
Install SuperSU on Sony Xperia Z5
- Download SuperSU.zip from the download link given above on your Computer.
- On My Computer youll see your phones storage. Move it to your SD Card main folder or anywhere you want.
- Now on the TWRP Recovery mode, tap on Install and find SuperSU.zip wherever you have placed it.
- Tap on the file and Swipe to install. Now reboot the phone. You’ll find SuperSU in your App drawer.
- To check Root Status, download Root Checker Pro and verify root status.