How To Root HTC ONE M9 (Easiest Method) (Install SuperSU)
If you have an unlocked bootloader HTC One M9 and had installed Custom Recovery, then rooting process in now just a piece of cake for you. As a mid range smartphone HTC M9 is configured highly with its specification. It comes up with Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Chipset and Octa Core Processor. GPU is Andreno 430 which is enough for high performance of gaming. It consists with 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB Internal Memory. Thus, for those who loves to customize their phone with their own style, rooting is a must for them.
Modification of your android device such as Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/ROM/tweaker’s results to void of the warranty of the device. (We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices / dead SD-card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of installing tweaker/ recovery / rom / firmware / rooting / unlocking or any development process the device. We highly advice you to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments here. We will always pleased to help you.
Download & Requirements
If you’ve already install Custom Recovery (TWRP) in your HTC One M9 via ADB Fastboot, than you can just follow either one of these method to root your HTC One M9.
If you didn’t install twrp yet, than you can follow the bellow post.To proceed, first download all the files from download link bellow.
- ADB Setup
- A Unlocked Bootloader HTC ONE M9, An Original USB Cable and A Windows Running Computer
- To proceed root process, first your phones bootloader must be unlocked. Follow this post How To Unlock Bootloader Of All HTC Phone to unlock bootloader.
- Now, Download SuperSU.zip on your Computer and mobile too. On computer, Place the supersu.zip file in the ADB folder. Make sure your phone have and external SD card. Download Supersu.zip on your SD Card.
- Now, reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down button, then press the Power button to switch on your phone and release it, but keep holding the Volume Down button.
Select boot to recovery on the screen that appears (bootloader)
- Connect your phone into computer by an USB cable.
- Now, On the ADB folder, Open a command prompt window by pressing and holding SHIFT + Right Mouse Button.
- On the Command Prompt window, Write the following code:
adb push C:\Users\Downloads\Flashable SuperSU [RaphsonBD.com].zip /sdcard
- Replace adb push C:\Users\Downloads\Flashable SuperSU [RaphsonBD.com].zip /sdcard with the path whee your supersu.zip is located.
- On your device, click Install, then at the top of the screen it should say Internal Storage or SDCard. If it does not say SD Card, click it and change it to SD Card.
- Nopw find supersu.zip in your memory and swipe to install.
- After Installation finish, reboot your phone. You’ll find supersu apk installed in your app drawer.
- Congratulation! Your phone is rooted now.