How to Root HTC Desire Eye & Install Custom Recovery
HTC Desire EYE also known as the EYE because of its 13 megapixel giant front camera on the middle head of the phone. HTC Desire eye is a wonderful phone for the selfie lovers and for the midrangers. The phone is also very stylish and the specification is fair enough for the day to day use. It comes up with a 5.2 inch capacitive touchscreen 16m color display. Which runs 1080p HD videos easily. The operating system is 4.4 kitkat but also upgradable to 6.0 marshmallow. Though it was release in 2014 but the specification allows it to run it in 6.0 marshmallow smoothly. The internal memory is 16GB and RAM is 2 GB. Apart from this specification if you want to have the full taste of an android smartphone there is no other way than rooting your phone. So in this article we will discuss about How to root HTC Desire EYE and install Custom recovery.
How to Root HTC Desire Eye and Install Custom Recovery
Rooting or flashing custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices or any damage which is incurred in the process of flashing custom ROM’s or rooting the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Download & Requirements
To proceed, The Bootloader of your HTC Desire EYE must be unlocked. If you don’t know how to unlock bootloader please check this post How To Unlock Bootloader Of All HTC Phone
- ADB Files Setup.exe – Download
- TWRP Recovery.img – Download
- Super SU & binary – Download
- A Unlcoked Bootloader HTC Desire EYE
- An Original USB Cable
- A Windows Running Computer
How To Root HTC Desire EYE
- First of all, take a full backup of your Phone’s data and media in case of security issue.
- Download Super SU & binary.zip files from the download link given above and place it in your memory card.
- Now, put your mobile into Fastboot mode by pressing Power Button + Volume Down button altogether. When it powers on, select Fastboot mode. (use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate and the Power button to select)
- When your mobile boot into fastboot mode, connect it into your computer by a USB Cable.
- Now, download ADB Files Setup on your Computer from the download link given above.
- Download TWRP Recovery.img from the download link given above and put it on the ADB Folder installed on your computer.
- Now, on the ADB Folder of your Computer, open a command prompt window by pressing SHIFT + RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON and click on Open Command WIndow here. The command prompt window will appear.
- On the command window, Type fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-eyeul-themed-materialised-condi.img and hit enter. TWRP Custom recovery will be installed.
- Now, on your mobile, reboot into recovery mode by pressing Power Button + Volume Down button altogether. When it powers on, select recovery mode. (use the Volume up and Volume down keys to navigate and the Power button to select)
- On the recovery mode, find Super SU & binary files and flash it. After finishing flashing, reboot your phone.
- Congratulation! Your HTC Desire EYE is successfully rooted now and the Latest TWRP Recovery is successfully installed.