How to Port Custom Recovery Without PC (TWRP/Philz Touch/CWM/CTR) (MediaTEK Device)
Porting custom recovery was never been so easy. You can now port your favourite custom recovery for you mediatek chipset based device without using PC. Just download couple of required file, follow the step carefully, now you will also able to port twrp or philz touch custom recovery for your android. Trust me, Porting custom recovery for your android is just piece of cake.
How To Port Custom Recovery Without PC (TWRP/Philz Touch/CWM/CTR) (MediaTEK Device)
Modification of your android device such as Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/ROM/tweaker’s results to void of the warranty of the device. (We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices / dead SD-card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of installing tweaker/ recovery / rom / firmware / rooting / unlocking or any development process the device. We highly advice you to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments here. We will always pleased to help you.
- Stock Boot Image (boot.img)
- Non-Ported Custom recovery (TWRP/Philz Touch/CWM/CTR)
In order to port custom recovery without PC for you MediaTek Device, You need to download the app from link bellow.
- Android Image Studio (Image Kitchen for Android App)
Porting Custom Recovery for Mediatek Chipset device
- Copy the Stock boot.img and Non-Ported Custom recovery file in your device, than install Android Image Studio. Create two folder in your device and named them Stock & Port. Now copy the Stock boot.img in Stock folder and the custom recovery to the Port folder.
- Open “Android Image Studio“. Now Unpack Stock “boot.img” Using “Unpack/Mount”Option.
- Export/Copy all unpacked files in Stock Folder by using “Export Img” option.
- Once exporting is completed, You need to clean all by using “Cleanup” Option.
- Now Rename Custom Recovery Default Name To “boot.img” & Unpack Port/Custom Recovery Following Stock boot.img Unpacking.
- After that Delete this unpacked files & folder & import this same unpacked files & folder from Stock Folder.
- split_img (Whole Folder)
- After that repack those by using “Repack” option.
- Once the repacking process is done, You will see imported “img-new.img” file on Port Folder. This is the new ported custom recovery for your device which boot image you have used in the process.
- And that’s how You have successfully Ported Custom Recovery for your Android Smartphone. If you have any question related to this process, please do it in comment section