Install TWRP 3.5 Custom Recovery on POCO M3 [Unofficial] [citrus]
TWRP 3.5 for Xiaomi POCO M3 (citrus) is a fully touch-supported custom recovery that is flexible & easy to use. TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image. TWRP is stable, free, community-built unofficial custom recovery. You can neither take stock ROM backup nor install custom ROM in your phone without flashing custom recovery in your POCO M3 (citrus). Custom Recovery is very essential for advanced development. First, you need to unlock the bootloader of your phone. All the required files are given below. Read all the steps very carefully.
Install TWRP 3.5 Custom Recovery on POCO M3
Recovery Name: TWRP – TeamWin Recovery Project
Recovery Version: TWRP 3.5.0-0
Recovery Status: Stable and Unofficial
Device: Xiaomi POCO M3 [citrus]
Based On: TWRP
Size: 128 MB
Language: English/ Multi-language supported
Source: XDA Forum
- ADB root.
- MTP support.
- Always up-to-date- Based on the latest source of TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP).
- Fully touch supported and easy to use interface.
- Easy and simple to use- Simple material theme with customizations and option to choose the color scheme for better user experience.
- Backup all partitions – Support for file-based backups will let you backup your wifi passwords, Bluetooth connections, etc.
- Password protection – First Android recovery on the world with password protection, which protects from unauthorized access to recovery.
- USB OTG storage support.
- Other features – Install, Wipe, Backup, Restore, Mount, Settings (change brightness, interface, language, even you can lock your recovery).
- Data decryption after a second TWRP reboot
Modification of your android device such as Rooting or flashing Custom Recovery/Rom/Kernels results to void of the warranty of the device. (We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices / dead SD-card or any damage in your device which is incurred in the process of installing tweaker/ recovery / rom / firmware / rooting / unlocking or any development process the device. We highly advice you to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments here. We will always pleased to help you.
Pre-Requisite / Requirements
You must need a Bootloader unlocked device in order to install any custom recovery in your POCO M3 [citrus].
- How to Install ADB Driver on Windows
- How To Install Minimal ADB And Fastboot Guide
- How to Unlock Bootloader of POCO M2 Pro [Official]
- POCO M3 Development Portal (Twrp / Root / Custom Rom / Stock Firmware)
- Developer Option. Go to your Phone’s Setting > About Phone > Press 5/6 time over the MIUI version to enable the Developer Option.
- Developer Option > Enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM Unlocking.
Download all the files in order to install the TWRP Custom Recovery image on your POCO M3 [citrus] from the link below —
How to Install TWRP on POCO M3 using ADB
- First, download the latest version of ADB and extract the zip file using WinRAR or 7-zip. I’ve extracted the file in C:\platform-tools, So that it can be easily accessible.
- Copy the TWRP-3.5.0-citrus-060121-R1.img to the folder where ADB and Fastboot binaries are present (e.g. C:\platform-tools).
- Press and hold the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space inside this folder.
- Select ‘Open command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot/Bootloader mode using the buttons combo.
- Or, you can also use the following command in CMD/Powershell with USB Debugging enabled on your phone:
adb reboot bootloader
- Connect your Android device to the PC using the USB cable. Enter the following command to make sure that your device is being recognized by Fastboot: Now type —
fastboot devices fastboot oem unlock
- The command should return a device ID. If not, make sure that you have proper drivers installed.
- Finally, enter the command below to flash and install TWRP recovery on your POCO M3:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta-citrus.img fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.5.0-citrus-060121-R1.img
- Wait for it. The TWRP will be installed in your POCO M3 in a moment. Once the recovery is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device —
- You will reboot into TWRP mode. after that you can take complete current stock ROM backup, flash/install custom ROM, or custom tweaks.
- You can now easily Install Magisk Manager in POCO M3 [citrus] / Root Your POCO M3 [citrus].
- Install TWRP 3.4 Custom Recovery on POCO M2 Pro
- POCO M2 Pro Custom Recovery PitchBlack 3.0.0 (Unofficial) [TWRP Based]
- How to Install OrangeFox Recovery Project Google Pixel [R10.1] (sailfish)
- Google Pixel Custom Recovery TWRP 3.3.1-0 (Official)
- OnePlus 6 Custom Recovery TWRP 3.3.1-2 (Official)