How to Flash Samsung Stock Firmware (ODIN)
Flash Samsung Stock Firmware and Official ROM Via Odin.
Odin is the most commonly using flashing tool for Samsung smartphones and tabs. Samsung ODIN is a program used for rooting, installing custom recoveries, and installing stock firmwares for Samsung smartphones and tablets. You can run this Odin program on any Windows computer. You will need the latest ODIN to root latest Samsung Galaxy-device. This ODIN is also backward-compatible with older Galaxy devices.
Flash Samsung Stock Firmware and Official ROM Via Odin
- Flashing Stock firmware will void your safety warranty.
- Take a full backup of your phone and storage.
- Keep your phone’s charge up-to 60%
- Use original USB cable for the process.
- After flashing new rom/firmware, you may no longer receiving any OTA updates.
- RaphsonBD.com and it’s author will not responsible if you end up bricking your device.
- A Windows running computer
- Original USB Cable
- All the file download link are given in download section
Flashing Process Using Samsung Odin
Step 1: Download and install device driver software on your computer
- First of all download and the correspondent driver software for your device.
- After that install the Samsung USB driver in your windows running computer.
- Once drivers are installed or updated
- It is highly recommended that you restart your computer.
Step 2: Download and extract the Stock ROM (Official/Original Firmware)
- SamMobile may be the best choice to download stock firmware of Samsung device Or you can go to XDA Forum or Google to find the correspondent firmware of your device. Click “Download Latest Firmware” and enter your device model.
- You can also download different country version of that firmware.
- After downloading it (normally a compressed file), you need to extact/unzip it to certain location of your PC. The file types that Odin uses are *.bin,*.tar and *.tar.md5.
- You will find a *.md5 file after extracting.
Step 3: Download and extract Odin on you PC
- Now Download latest version of Odin. After downloading it on your PC, extract it to Desktop or another location you’d prefer.
- After extracting, right-click to “Open as Administrator”. It may prevent certain issue from happening. (Run Odin as Administrator which is recommended)
Step 4: Boot your Samsung device into Download mode
- First you enter in Download Mode/Odin Mode of your samsung smartphone — Power off your device. Press and hold Volume Down key, Home Key and Power Key. When your device vibrates, release Power key while keep holding the Volume Down key and Home-key.
Warning before entering into download mode, Press Volume Up key to enter Download mode, which has a green robot figure and “Downloading… Do not turn off target!!)
Step 5: Connect your device to PC
- You device should be automatically recognized by Odin. At the lower-left of Odin interface, it should show a message that says “Added!” and in the meantime you should see a light-blue box at the ID:COM section stating “COM:3” (the number depend on which USB port you have plugged the device cable and is irrelevant
- Click “PDA” or “AP” to add tar.md5 file that you have extracted and then “Start”
- Whether it is “PDA” or “AP” depends on the version of Odin that you used but the md5 file goes to either “PDA” or “AP”.
- Add *.md5 to Odin. After adding the file, click “Start” to begin the flashing process.
- Click “Start” to flash.
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE OR OPERATE ON YOUR DEVICE UNTIL FINISHED OR FAILED IS SHOWED ON ODIN.
- Ongoing flashing process. Do not remove your device. When the flashing process is done and if everything goes well, you should see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED” (depends on the version of Odin is used).
- Flash succeeded.
If failed to flash Samsung Stock/Official ROM, what should you do? Try these things first:
- Update your device driver software to the latest.
- Restart your computer.
- Run Odin as Administrator.
- Try different cable (original one or the one with better quality) and USB port (the main port recommended)
- Re-download the firmware file, make sure it is intact and match your device model
- Spreadtrum Custom Recovery Installation Method
- Spreadtrum Official Stock Firmware File Flashing Method
- How To Back Up And Restore Stock Rom Using Custom Recovery TWRP
- All Mediatek Device Android Scatter File Download Link
- Android Development Tools