ZenFone Max ZC550KL Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update:
Hi ZenFans! Android 6.0 Marshmallow is scheduled to roll out via FOTA update for ZenFone Max ZC550KL on June 8, 2016.
ZenFone Max ZC550KL Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update
Stock ROM Details
Stock ROM Version: V184.108.40.206-20160526_M3.1.40
Model Name: ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
Release Date: June 8, 2016
Firmware Size: 1.45GB
(It will take about one week for the system to complete the autopush, if you do not receive the update prompt, then please go to Setting > About > System Update to update manaully)
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, it is recommended back up data and relocate media files (pictures & vides) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loadeded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
1. Omlet Chat
2. Data Transfer
3. Photo Frame
4. ASUS Backup
5. Dr. Safety
6. What’s Next
7. Party Link
8. Remote Link
9. PC Link
10. Yahoo Shopping
11. EZ Ding
15. Dr. Eye
17. Puffin Browser
19. Google Settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
- Add new features and new apps:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr. Booster
- This update will remove ASUS Email, ASUS Calendar, ASUS Messaging, and won’t be preloaded in this software version. You can use GMail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger for relevant services.
Haven’t received a System Update notification yet, but you’re itching to upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow? Follow these easy steps to get your device upgraded now.
Notice for manual update
Update at your own risk. If you fail to follow any of the included instructions, I won’t be responsible for bricked/bootlooped devices or lost data.
Warning for rooted users
Rooted users will lose root access and may have their bootloaders re-locked after updating. In case you have flashed a custom recovery, please be aware that this procedure requires at least a recent stock recovery. Also, there is a chance that you may brick your device or cause a bootloop. This can be fixed by a factory reset.
- Make sure to move all important apps back to internal storage. Also, please make sure you have a backup of your files ready, just in case.
- Copy the downloaded zip file to your device’s internal storage, then restart or unplug the USB cable.
- Check the attached screenshots. A “System Update File Detected” notification should appear. Tap the notification and select the correct update package. If it does not appear, try renaming the file to UL-Z010D-WW-220.127.116.11-user.zip or UL-Z010-WW-18.104.22.168-user.zip
- Make sure your battery is above 60% or charging, and have a backup of your files ready before continuing with the update.
- If you’re sure that you are ready, tap the OK button.
- The device should reboot to recovery mode and start updating your device. This will take a while. DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE during this part.
- Once the update is done, the device should restart by itself. Optimization of apps will take time depending on how many apps are installed on your phone.
- Enjoy Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.