How To Root Sony Xperia Z3 On Locked Bootloader
So you have a Sony Xperia Z3 and you are quite happy with the overall perfonce of your Xperia Z3 phone. The phone is indeed an excellent phone and it comes with a lots of cool features. The phone uns on Android 4.4 kitkat version and can be upgraded to Marshmallow 6.0. However if the device runs slow or if you explore your phone fully such as flasjing custom rom then you must root your phone. So, in this post we will show you how to root Sony Xperia Z3. Its an easy process. But you need to follow the steps carefully and please read through the full article.
How To Root Sony Xperia Z3
Rooting or flashing custom ROM’s results to the void of the warranty of the device. (We) RaphsonBD and its authors will not responsible for bricked devices or any damage which is incurred in the process of flashing custom ROM’s or rooting the device. We highly advice to take a backup of your device prior to performing the process. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM, before flashing it! You are choosing to make these modifications. Nevertheless if you need any help, just comments already. We will always pleased to help you.
Download & Requirements
You need to have firmware version 23.0.A.2.93 (for D6603/D6653) or 23.0.F.1.74 (for D6633) installed on your phone. If not, please download ftf file and flash it with Flashtool (newer firmware versions will fail root:
- D6603_23.0.A.2.93 – Download
- D6633_23.0.F.1.74 – Download
- Giefroot rooting tool v3.1 – Download
- A SONY Xperia Z3 Phone
- A Computer
How to Root Sony Xperia Z3
- Open your phone, Go to Setting>About Phone>Find the Build Version, and click over the Build version for 6-7 times. This will enable your phone’s Developer mode.
- Then again go to Setting>Developer Mode(you will find it above About Phone)> Enable USB Debugging. Also Enable Allow Mock Location
- Finally go back to Setting>Security>Enable Unknown Source (In Case if you didn’t enabled it yet). Untick Verify App
- Enter your phone in Flight Mode
- Download Giefroot rooting tool v3.1 from the link given above and extract it in your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer by a usb cable.
- From the extracted folder find install.bat. Open it.
- If you have never connected your phone in the computer via adb you will get a pop up message on your phone to get authorize to your computer.
- The root procedure will start. After a while your phone will restart by itself.
- After the phone boots up wait until a popup from SuperSu appears asking for adb shell root rights.Click Grant.
- After clicking Grant, You can see in your Computer Device Rooted.
- Voila! Your Sony Xperia Z3 is sucessfully rooted now.
- If it says Device not rooted repeat all the steps running install.bat again.